The TOGAF Essentials 2018
The Open Group launched the TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2 (16th April 2018), a standard of The Open Group. The standard developed by The Open Group Architecture Forum, this is the first major update to the TOGAF standard since the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.1 was published in December 2011. The Open Group also launched the new Credential Program called the TOGAF Essentials 2018.
The purpose of the TOGAF® Essentials 2018 credential is to provide validation that individuals who have earned the credential have up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the changes introduced to the TOGAF Body of Knowledge in 2018. The TOGAF Body of Knowledge includes the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 and the TOGAF Library.
Individuals who are already TOGAF 9 Certified (TOGAF 9 Level 2) and who wish to show they have up-to-date knowledge of the 2018 version of the TOGAF Body of Knowledge.
Candidates are required to have passed the TOGAF Essentials 2018 assessment. The assessment consists of 20 questions in a simple multiple-choice format with a 75% pass mark (15/20).
The duration of the credential is indefinite – this credential is to a given version of the Body of Knowledge and does not expire, so there are no re-certification or renewal requirements.
Individuals who earn this credential will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The changes to the structure of the TOGAF standard and the importance of the TOGAF Library.
- The additions to the Business Architecture Domain in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.
- The changes introduced in ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011 and the consequent changes to the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.
- The changes to the TOGAF Content Framework and Metamodel.
- The security considerations that need to be addressed during application of the ADM
- The addition, revision, and deletion of the defined terms in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
- Changes to the terms and definitions in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
- The TOGAF Credentials Program.
Certification: TOGAF Certification Path
For more information visit The Open Group.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group